Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Heart Life

Sunday, March 27, 2011

My devo was about the heart this morning. It basically said that God gives us a new heart when we invite Christ into our heart. And it is with this new heart that we live the free abundant life in connection with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, and with ourselves and with our fellow man.

So, first we invite Christ into our heart and he does His thing: cleansing, purifying and sanctifying; then,

We do our part by:

Doing the next right thing and practicing living a life in ways that are opposite of the character defects that we identify in the fourth and tenth step (self examination); and by,

Getting right with others by making amends as directed in the eighth and ninth steps.

And then I live a tenth step life when I:

"watch over my heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life (Proverbs 4:23); and,

"listen, my son, and be wise, and direct my heart in the way of God (Proverbs 23:15), and

"fill my mind and meditate on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse (Philippians 4:8), which is,

more practice, and is,

living fully, resulting in

God's glory as man fully alive.

Amen.

No comments: